Yahoo Deleted My Groups Pages

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

AJ

Yahoo Deleted My Groups Pages

Post by AJ »

I just letting all of you know that my Yahoo Group pages have been deleted. This was not done by me but Yahoo themself. They also terminated my ID and password twice. I don't know the resoning behind this and they would not tell me. They may do this to others as well. :x

AJ
Puddleboy

Post by Puddleboy »

Was your group active? Yahoo deletes groups that are inactive, and most shoe groups are, after the first couple months or so.

..... pb
AJ

Group Pages Deleted

Post by AJ »

Yes, both "shoe2misadventure" groups 1 and 2 were doing quite well. group one had over 650 with members bouncing as well, whatever that means. I had it for almost three years, the other since last August. I never had anything x-rated. With no warning or reason, both are gone. Again, they even terminated my ID and password. They were out for me!

AJ
Puddleboy

Post by Puddleboy »

Yahoo will delete a group for lack of messages. You may have had 650 members, but were they posting anything? If a group is inactive, Yahoo will send you a notice, that it will be deleted. All you have to do is post a message, and your group has been saved.

I've also noted that groups created before 2002, seem to stay up. Some of these have been inactive for years

According to Yahoo, you 'bounce' when your email box is full. You can let these sit, as sometimes they come back, or drop them after 5 to 10 probes.

It's also possible that your groups, weren't labeled as 'adult', or were in a wrong catagory.

I have no explanation for Yahoo dropping your I D. I have four Yahoo I D's, but only two of them are 'active'

..... pb

..... pb
AJ

Post by AJ »

PB,
Thanks for the info. I did continuous updats and did have it set in an adult section. Also, I had control on my email settings and reviewed when I received them so I would not go into a bouncing situation myself. If you would set the no e-mail setting when signing up on a group or simply respond to your e-mails, bouncing was less likely to happen. This would control members bouncing as well if they followed the same thing. Perhaps this was the problem. The other thing I did notice a few weeks back that someone placed images of peeing on shoes at my wet shoe page. I did not delete them or note it in any way. However, they were not posted by me nor do I create images with body fluids. Anyway that may have pushed it over the edge with Yahoo groups.

Regards,
AJ
Puddleboy

Post by Puddleboy »

Yup!! Although I've seen similiar pics on other Yahoo shoe groups, it does sound like someone reported you to 'Yahoo abuse'. They (Yahoo) should have sent you a notice to remove the offending photos, instead of droping the group.

Yahoo has been excersizing it's power lately, and pulling stunts like this without telling the group owners. On my music groups, we've been hit with an uploading 'time limit', that shut out all dial up and most DSL users. This was done without any notice notice or warning.

The 'uploading time limit' doesn't effect the shoe groups directly, as they're mostly photos, but some of them do have video. I was in a shoe group, a couple years back, that had vidoes of shoes burning. Large files such as this, cannot be uploaded unless you have cable.

..... pb
AJ

Post by AJ »

PB,
For now I done with Yahoo.
AJ