Camping trip

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Mr_and_Mrs_Messy

Camping trip

Post by Mr_and_Mrs_Messy »

2 weeks ago Mr and Mrs Messy went away camping for 2 days. It was a little spur of the moment and needless to say things were forgotton. Driving there 1 of the first things we both remembered that we forgot was a torch, but we knew we wanted a camp fire so that wasn't too big of an issue.
So we arrive mid afternoon and get straight into setting up our tent and other creature comforts that we hadn't forgotton.
Dusk was approaching so we deceided to head off for a shower. When we returned it was pitch black and we had to try and start a fire with the firewood we had purchased. So we emptied the bag of firewood and proceeded to try and start a fire.
The large blocks of wood were proving very difficult to start to burn so we scouted around for some small twigs and dry grass, but after many more attempts we were getting no where.
We both laughed and talked of how hopeless we would be on survivor. But as it got later we both became increasingly hungry and needed this fire to provide a little light and to cook dinner.
What happened next left me gob smacked!
Mrs messy takes off one of her shoes (Etnis czar) and offered it to start the fire.
Worried that the rubber sole would put black smoke through the camp grounds and attract the attension of the other campers, mr and mrs messy proceeded to rip out the shoe lining. After a few minutes the shoes were reduced to a tangled mess, but it worked and the fire started almost immedimmediately, but as the lining reduced to ashed the flames smoldered around the logs. So with no hesitation the remains of the shoes were thrown in and when the rubber soles took light, our little camping spot glowed with light. Luckily the air was still and the smoke went straight up.
The rubber kept the fire going strong for atleast 20 minutes which was long enough to have dinner.
After dinner we sat around the hot coals and looked at the stars. As the night got older the air got colder and Mrs messy insisted that we put more wood on the fire.
I ducked into the tent and rumbled through our bag, finding a pair of heels that she packed in case we went out to dinner. Nervously i returned to the fire and handed them to her, she sighed and asked if more wood would work. I told her it would but these would burn longer. After some negotiating the fire glowed again and i managed a quick photo, explaining to her that she could always have photos of her sexy heels.

Photos were tryed to be uploaded but failed and will be uploaded when the bug is fixed.
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Re: Camping trip

Post by Wetshoe »

Sorry about the new software. Update was necessary. I tried some fixes. Please let me know if uploads are now possible.
heelburner1(o.cal)

Post by heelburner1(o.cal) »

hi
mmmm what an wonderful story!!
cant wait to see the photo of the heels.
thank you
heelburner1
WAMSneak

Post by WAMSneak »

Wow that's an amazing story, I hope you got some photos of those poor Etnies being given up for the fire :-) I can't wait to see!
WAMSneak

Post by WAMSneak »

Wow that's an amazing story, I hope you got some photos of those poor Etnies being given up for the fire :-) I can't wait to see!
Mr_and_Mrs_Messy

Post by Mr_and_Mrs_Messy »

Still can't upload 😯
beaz51

Post by beaz51 »

any chance of you uploading the pics on flickr?/