Breaking the heels off. Zara and Aldo.

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

vector

Re: Breaking the heels off. Zara and Aldo.

Post by vector »

It is a shame to hear that the Aldo has bad shank support. :?
Aldo is not known to use the best leather for its price range, it looks like they used corrected grain which is second layer of leather coated with plastic/vinyl material, the lining seems to be pig leather though which gives "leather" scent.

The LKB definitely has been material, looks like top grain calf leather with a chrome tan. As good as it gets for high heels (Loubs and Choo use the same material).
Chocolaterain wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:11 am
vector wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:06 pm
Chocolaterain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:35 am

Thank you vector!!
The Aldos are quite worn but in great shape. The only thing is that they’re terribly uncomfortable, I have to figure out what to do about it, before going on a walk.
No cutting or boiling for them yet, but I’ll go with another pair, maybe even today :wink:
The LKB have been worn and stained (idk how) by the lady that owned them before.
F77773AA-61D9-4A82-96AD-73DA30A0F4E1.jpeg
That is a shame, the Aldo looks quite comfortable judging from the soft leather. Perhaps some oil will soften them further (shoe/mink oil to do it properly, baby oil for easy and cheap fix).

The LKB are "better" shoes in material and construction than the rest, they are supposed to take longer to get "well worn". Some sharp gravels and mud will sure speed that up. How do they smell? :D
The issue with the Aldos is not really the leather, on the contrary it smells like good leather. Also the LKB smell very good too, good leather. The issue seems to be the heel is very high and there isn't almost any sole to take the weight.
I've been thinking on wearing them both through some dirt roads, and as soon as i get the chance, the Aldos will visit some mud and a stream.
Chocolaterain

Post by Chocolaterain »

vector wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:58 am It is a shame to hear that the Aldo has bad shank support. :?
Aldo is not known to use the best leather for its price range, it looks like they used corrected grain which is second layer of leather coated with plastic/vinyl material, the lining seems to be pig leather though which gives "leather" scent.

The LKB definitely has been material, looks like top grain calf leather with a chrome tan. As good as it gets for high heels (Loubs and Choo use the same material).
vector wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:06 pm

That is a shame, the Aldo looks quite comfortable judging from the soft leather. Perhaps some oil will soften them further (shoe/mink oil to do it properly, baby oil for easy and cheap fix).

The LKB are "better" shoes in material and construction than the rest, they are supposed to take longer to get "well worn". Some sharp gravels and mud will sure speed that up. How do they smell? :D
The issue with the Aldos is not really the leather, on the contrary it smells like good leather. Also the LKB smell very good too, good leather. The issue seems to be the heel is very high and there isn't almost any sole to take the weight.
I've been thinking on wearing them both through some dirt roads, and as soon as i get the chance, the Aldos will visit some mud and a stream.
Very very interesting. Now I know which brand is better next time, I also like LBKs better anyways.
btw you suggested to boild and cut, I've done some of that ;) http://muddyhighheels.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=27002
vector

Post by vector »

Chocolaterain wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:48 am
vector wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:58 am It is a shame to hear that the Aldo has bad shank support. :?

The LKB definitely has better material, looks like top grain calf leather with a chrome tan. As good as it gets for high heels (Loubs and Choo use the same material).

Very very interesting. Now I know which brand is better next time, I also like LBKs better anyways.
btw you suggested to boild and cut, I've done some of that ;) http://muddyhighheels.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=27002
Well done! It looks properly boiled, the glue loose grip quickly and then the material start bending :D
I swear standard cow/calf leather (Aldo or LKB) will look even more impressive by boiling, watch it curls slowly...

I always prefer boiling one shoe and cutting the other. Learned from our legend italianstyle here.
annarosa92

Post by annarosa92 »

nice broken heels mmmm
mossimo13

Post by mossimo13 »

annarosa92 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:14 am nice broken heels mmmm
Makes you want to do the same
Chocolaterain

Post by Chocolaterain »

vector wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:18 am Great job with them! I love how the Aldo looks a bit worn inside. Good for some rough outdoor walking.
We love to see them boiled and cut up in the end.

For the next, I think most of us will choose the Red LKB! But I want to see them get well worn first.
Went for a walk outside with a different pair of each. I think you will like the results :D
DSC_0538.jpg
The other shoe for comparaison
DSC_0541.jpg
vector

Post by vector »

Chocolaterain wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:23 am
vector wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:18 am Great job with them! I love how the Aldo looks a bit worn inside. Good for some rough outdoor walking.
We love to see them boiled and cut up in the end.

For the next, I think most of us will choose the Red LKB! But I want to see them get well worn first.
Went for a walk outside with a different pair of each. I think you will like the results :D DSC_0538.jpg
The other shoe for comparaisonDSC_0541.jpg
Looking good.
The coated leather of the Aldo will take scratches well, but unlike the calfskin, once it is scratched through it will peel off. Good leather can be conditioned with oil and cream.

Neither would last very long on this forum though :P