How long do your shoes last

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

messylaura

How long do your shoes last

Post by messylaura »

i was just wondering whats the longest number of times a pair of wam shoes have lasted, without actully trying to destroy them.

this mainly applies to outdoor walking in the rain / mess, as the indoor sploshings dont really put to much strain on them.

i've got a couple of pairs that have lasted for ages and one of them i go swimming in.

the average for the shoes i go out in the rain and mud is around 7 times, usually involving about a mile a time,

ive had some shoes give up after ten minutes , so i always take more tan one pair

couple of past wet / muddy videos from me
https://www.youtube.com/@abigailbutterfly
Greg

Post by Greg »

Maby we can start working for the quality control department for shoe manufacturers! :)
messylaura

Post by messylaura »

yeah maybe i should take them back and say 'my shoes seem to fall apart after i walk around in them filled with custard and they dont appear to perform to well when i swim in them is there any chance of a replacement'
love_prada_and_gucci

Post by love_prada_and_gucci »

I think that many shoes manufacturer doesn't think to apply a clear on the leather or the material of the shoes. It's possible to purchase one at the shoes store, but.... we think to buy that only after the high heels is ruined by the water! :)
LP&G (Love_Prada_And_Gucci)
Lazlo

Post by Lazlo »

How do you pick what pumps to ruin? Are they old ones in your closet or do you buy them for specific abuse?
messylaura

Post by messylaura »

love_prada_and_gucci, i dont think a clear coat of anything is gonna help when the shoes are completley soaked.
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

rarely ever see a pair actually fall apart but
i do remember a pair of gucci pumps which
got really worn and old looking after just getting
wet once. one of my first wamshoe shoots.