Slush in the City

Boots and shoes getting wet, muddy or messy in various ways. Ladies, want to show off your beautiful shoes? Nowhere in the world will they be appreciated more! Registering will enable many helpful features, and its free.

Stiefel und Schuhe werden auf unterschiedliche Art und Weise nass, matschig und schmutzig gemacht. Ladies, möchtet ihr eure schönen Schuhe zeigen? Nirgendwo auf der Welt werden sie mehr geschätzt als hier. Registriert euch kostenlos und aktiviert viele hilfreiche Funktionen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Mud_NYC

Slush in the City

Post by Mud_NYC »

I do not recall ever seeing a discussion about this here and wonder if others are taking advantage of these opportunities. Here in New York City, whenever we have accumulations of snow greater than 6 inches or so (a foot being ideal), within a day many street corners turn into giant messy puddles of slush. While most corners are cleared there are some that become unavoidable traps for whoever is crossing. Because of poor drainage and plows pushing the snow into piles, these corners turn into swamps.

The puddles take many forms. Some have a layer on top that makes the puddle look like it is the street, however when one steps into it, they sink right in. This is especially treacherous when it gets dark and it becomes impossible to judge the depth. In areas of high pedestrian traffic, there is always a bottleneck of people trying to find their way through.

Another type of slush that forms is even better. It becomes brown and mucky from vehicle and foot traffic. It has the consistency of mud and when you step in it, it has suction. There is usually a good amount of this type of muck that extends far out into the street.

Of course, the real reason behind this post is the observation of the beautiful women of NYC enduring the sloppy conditions. Many will dress appropriate for the conditions, but there will always be a significant number of women who will still dress up nice even though they will end up walking in at least ankle deep slop. Stand on a corner with one of the deeper and messier puddles and you will see countless women in high heel boots and other stylish footwear trying to navigate through the mess.

The reactions of the women when they step into particular nasty slush puddles are priceless. You will see them step carefully into the muck and test the ground in front of them at each step. I absolutely love seeing the balancing act, where there is this slight bend of the knee and wobbliness with arms out to their sides. The verbal exclamations are also what makes this great. "Ewww!, Ugh!, Yuck!, Oh No!, So Gross!, This is Disgusting!" You will hear those all day when the city is covered in slush.

New York City got 9 inches of snow this week (not the 2+ feet that was expected). The messy conditions only lasted a short time, but there were may good sights. I have plenty of videos and pics of some of the best catches of the day. I will try to post some of these when i have some time.

Of all the years that I have been observing this, last year had one of the best slush situations that I have ever seen. There was a series of storms in February that hit back to back. After one snowfall with heavy accumulation, the temperature rose the next day and it was raining steadily by the evening commute. Standing where scaffolding had been erected at the corner of 14th Street and Broadway, by Union Square, was one of the most exciting sights I can ever remember. Due to the construction, the corner had not been shoveled. Cars and buses turning right, had churned to slush into a brown gelatinous pool of goo and with the rain, it was calf deep in spots. The corner has heavy pedestrian traffic and everyone was shuffling through during rush hour. All were caught unexpected when they reached the corner and had to plod through this huge expanse of semi-solid slop. It was wonderful - The cries of disgust, multiple shoes and boots pulled off feet, friends and strangers helping pull each other out when the suction held them. Many, many beautiful women in nice clothes and footwear worn for work had no choice but to struggling though. I managed to go through myself a number of times, making sure each time that I would be next to a lady with high heels. On one crossing, a cute chick wearing these chunky heeled ankle boots teetered over and grabbed my arm as we came to the deep part - "Sorry, I don't want to fall in this mud" she said.

Hopefully the rest of the winter will be nice and stormy...
Attachments
miult.JPG
Captudfgdfgdfgdfgre.JPG
Captdfgdfgdfgure.JPG
Cafghfghfghfhfghpture.JPG
Caphfghfghfghture.JPG
Captdfgdfgdfgddddure.JPG
Cafghfghfhgfghfghfghpture.JPG
slingblade

Re: Slush in the City

Post by slingblade »

Nice work! I absolutely hate walking through the city when it snows or rains and have been taking cabs or the subway more and more. Never even dawned on me that there are seemingly quite a few good opportunities to seeing wet and messy shoes!! Have you witnessed any women actually chucking their ruined shoes out in the trash and change into a spare pair they have on them? Now that would be a sight for me! And I'd also retrieve their discards!
piponimbo31

Post by piponimbo31 »

Wouaou !!!
i like it!!! good works !!
i can"t wait to see more

thank you a lot.
justauser

Post by justauser »

And the perfect woman/girl/lady in my opinion would be the one who walks through this like it wasn´t there, with normal pace, moving her feet through the slush, even making waves.
All this with a hint of a smile, no matter what footwear she wears and what condition this and her feet are in afterwards.
zomp_76

Post by zomp_76 »

Great story and pictures! Reading your posts, NYC almost seems a paradise to see beautiful women walking through mud and mess!
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

Great topic! I grew up in NYC and this was one of my favorite things to see since childhood . Who knows. Could have even been the cause of this fetish, and therefore this website. One thing thing I liked to see was the salt stains left behind on the women's dressy shoes after they dried.

I spent part of my time in New York living in Staten Island, which unlike Manhattan, was not 100% concrete. There were still lawns, strips of grass along side the curb, small grassy areas next to schools, etc. Some of my more distinct memories from childhood are of women on their commute to Manhattan scraping mud off their high heeled boots with sticks or whatever they could find after stepping through one of these grassy or muddy areas after rain or snow. Luckily everyone in NY was in a hurry so a shortcut across one of these potential mud traps to shave a few seconds off their commute was common, even in heels.

Perhaps motivation for more people to get out there and capture more of this on the rare days it happens, I would pay for useful footage and photos of this for use on my sites and clipstore. Of course if you prefer to share here, that would be great too.