household incinerator

High heels on fire.

Brennende Schuhe und Stiefel.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

chris

household incinerator

Post by chris »

see what i found:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 867,228721

its such a great imagination that housewifes in the sixties burnd ther old well worn high heels, homeslippers, ballerinas, boots in such incinerators.

does anyone has experience with that, or knows women who used that?

br
chris
chris

Post by chris »

great find:

see the device on the right side, thats the incinerator. i wonder if she burned her heels in it :twisted:
erv2u

incerator1

Post by erv2u »

We had one of these incinerators in a house we lived in once. It was an old dingy looking metal box about three foot wide and 3 foot tall. We didn’t use it but I imagine the previous owner would clean out her shoe closet once and a while and take a box of old worn out shoes and boots down to the basement. She would open the incinerator, the top had a lid with a handle on it and dump the box of unwanted shoes in. Maybe a floppy boot top had to be pushed in and the lid closed. The lady would then turn on the gas, poof it would light up. A day or two later she would need to take out the ashes.
erv2u

incinerator2

Post by erv2u »

I want to treat this story with the respect it deserves. A woman wrote a story about packing her mothers things after her death. Jewish law forbids her to wear or give away her mothers shoes. Here is part of her story…

One month has passed since my mother died. My father sits in the living room, watching TV, while I sort through her jackets and shirts, skirts and sweaters, pile them on the bed in the room of my childhood. My husband will come by soon, help me put them into large bags. For charity.

I hold up a favorite white cotton sweater of hers against me, look at myself in the mirror, see only her. Jewish tradition permits me, if I choose, to wear her sweaters and dresses, jackets and blouses. But it is forbidden to walk in a dead person's shoes.

I am here, in the apartment of my childhood, carrying boxes of shoes through the foyer to the incinerator outside the door where, one by one, without emotion it seems, I push them down the chute. The black pumps worn day in and day out. The open-toed mustard leather high heels, also bought in white. The brown pumps, never worn. The black suede dress shoes edged in gold, barely worn. The red silk pompom slippers.
chris

Post by chris »

@ ery2u, yes thats a sad story, i already read it some time ago.

nevertheless it must have been so sexy when women put ther old shoes in that items...

on that old pic, bottom row right shoe. it looks very well worn. maybe they ended up in such an incinerator soon after the shot was made...
chris

Post by chris »

this pic is also great (see her toe popping ouf of the shoe)

maybe she was very frustrated after being on the scale. shes already in a bad mood... so she steps off the scale and walks in the kitchen, angrily taking of her bra and pants, opening the incinerator and tossing them in. then she also recognizes her mules are worn out and her toe always popping out. she takes one off her foot and recognizes her deep dirty toeimprints as well as the smell of her sweat in this old homeslipper. she hesitates shortly but then also tosses the first shoe in. she kicks off the second one, grabs it and into the incinerator with it....she is closing the door and with a little grin she turns the incinerator on and listen to the quiet start of the burningdevice. then she walks completely nude to the scale again to try another weight measure while her outfit slowly starts to turn into ashes...
frank

House slippers burned

Post by frank »

I can remember, when I was a teenager many years ago, most of the apartments had just one kind of heating, mostly wood stoves. I can remember a particular family, I knew closer, as they had a daughter in around the same age and we quite often spent some time together.
They heated the entire apartment with just one wood stove from one central room which was the kitchen. They didn’t take much care about the today’s environmental concerns and burned almost all the trash they had. Sometimes I became witness when her mother sorted out a pair of old shoes she wants to become rid of, either for being thrown into the fire immediately or being thrown into the wood basket for one of the next fires.
In these days people had not that many pairs of shoes as they are used to have today. I can especially remember the house slippers of both the daughter and the mother, they were worn for around one year and when they became too worn out, smelly and ugly they went directly into the oven.
One situation, I’ll never forget: I was aware that the house slippers of her mother became more and more worn out and ugly and of course smelly  and I was always really excited if these slippers are still on her feet. As fall was about to end and the days get colder I asked her mother about her slippers and that I had noticed that one was obviously worn through that I could see her toe already a little bit. She felt uncomfortable with this situation that I was aware of the bad shape of her house slippers and said: “Yes, you’re right, I have to get rid of them, as I have already a brand new pair for a couple of weeks”. I was really curious what is going on, but nothing happened, she just continued with her homework. I felt that this becomes the chance of all chances and asked again how she is going to get rid of them, she answered: “I just burn them – why?” I said: “When are you burning them, can I watch you, as I’ve never seen this before ?” “Hmm well, let me see where I have the new pair” she said and went into the secondary room and returned wearing her new slippers while she hold the old ones in her hand. “You see, it’s nothing really spectacular” she said, opened the oven and dropped her slippers in the fire.