Ever heard of a shoe-tree?

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Thys

Post by Thys »

Googled myself silly to find pictures of these trees and the result is staggering. More than 150 different pictures!! Trees everywhere. I'm really surprised there are so many over there on the other side of the big pond. In New Sealand and Nevada there are even some Shoe fences! I'll upload some of the best pictures to one of the groups these days. In the meanwhile take a look at this article.

link

The best ones are found in Nevada and around a place called Priest Lake. I really hope there's at least one groupmember who lives close to one of those and could take pictures. If you have any holiday plans, these are your destination. ;)
Thys

Post by Thys »

Didn't know there was also a "Posh group" like this one! :D :D :D

Bytheway:
This very tree was burned down only months later. It was only a blackened Carcas after the fire. However, for some reason these trees don't die, and within a few months the first shoes appeared! Some fruits, hey!
Puddleboy

Post by Puddleboy »

I think they want us to feel sorry for them. They can't afford to buy shoes, 'cause they spent all their money on cars.

Right after those pics were taken, they swiped a bunch of shoes, and rode off into the night.

..... pb
Thys

Post by Thys »

Hahahaa!!!!

Guess what. If you think it's a new phenomenon, think again.

This is a picture from 1947!
Thys

Post by Thys »

A European variant!

(Yes, it's Dutch..... ;) )
Thys

Post by Thys »

Another variant to this theme.
After the shoe tree and shoe fence there's the....

The shoe.... rock.