Claire & Emma's flood ordeal wearing rubber boots: a story

Waders, Wellies, Crocs, Rubber Riding Boots

Gummistiefel, Anglerstiefel, Crocs, Gummi-Reitstiefel.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

chewits

Claire & Emma's flood ordeal wearing rubber boots: a story

Post by chewits »

It was midday on Saturday. Claire and Emma had just been to the local swimming pool and were on their way home.

The two girls had decided that they couldn't be bothered to get properly dressed after their swim. They had got in their car just in their bikinis. It was raining heavily, so they had put their rubber boots on as well.

Brunette Emma was wearing a green, yellow and blue bikini. Her rubber boots were black with green polka dots.

Blonde Claire was wearing a turquoise, yellow and blue bikini and shiny black rubber boots.

"Typical British summer, all this rain!" said Emma.

"It seems like it'll never stop!" replied Claire.

"I hope nobody sees us dressed like this, just our bikinis and boots on!" said Emma.

"We'll be ok, we'll be home shortly. Just a mile and half to go now. The rain seems terribly heavy." replied Claire.

All of a sudden, the girls' car braked to a halt.

"Why this traffic jam?" asked Emma.

"The road ahead must be flooded, we'll have to leave the car here and walked home", replied Claire.

"Ok, but it's going to be a bit embarrassing walking home in just our bikinis!" replied Emma.

The two girls opened their umbrellas as they got out of the car. The rain was very heavy.

Thery were shallow puddles everywhere.

The two girls walked along the road in just their bikinis and rubber boots and holding their umbrellas up in the rain. Most of the blokes were looking at the two girls, not believing what they were wearing. They walked past the abandoned cars and the water on the road got a little deeper.

"I'm glad we've got our rubber boots on, at least our feet will stay dry!" said Emma.

"The water's halfway up our boots now, I hope they don't leak in!" said Claire.

The water was making Claire's shiny black boots even shinier. Her feet were dry inside her boots.

Emma was glad her boots had good grips on them as she walked through the water. He feet were also dry, protected by the black and green rubber.

The water got deeper still, nearing the tops of their boots. They kept walking.

"If this water gets any deeper, it'll start to go over the top of my boots!" said Emma.

"Mine too, I hate wet feet. Let's hope it doesn't get any deeper!" replied Claire.

They turned a corner and could see that people were now swimming instead of walking through the water.

"The water must be a lot deeper ahead of us, we'll have to swim" said Claire.

"Ok" replied Emma, "Well, we've got our bikinis on. Shall we take our boots off?"

"It's up to you" replied Claire "You can either take them off and throw them away, take them off and carry them, or leave them on and try to swim with them on".

"I don't want to leave my boots behind, I like these boots a lot. If we leave them on, do you think we'll be able to swim?" asked Emma.

"If we swim with our boots on, they'll fill up with water and weigh us down and you might find you can't bend your ankles when swimming", replied Claire.

"Do you think they'll be dangerous, like fill up with water and drag us under, and drown us?" asked Emma.

"It's a possibility. If that starts to happen, we'll have to remove them as quickly as possible" replied Claire.

"Do you think our boots will fall off if we when swimming with them on?" asked Emma.

"They might do", replied Claire, "it depends how tight they are and also how hard we kick our legs".
"My boots aren't very tight" said Emma, "I think they may fall off if I swim with them on"

"Mine look a bit tighter than yours, but I'm not sure if they will stay on as well" said Claire."Ok, it looks like the water is at least six feet deep ahead of us, let's dive in and swim towards home. Remember, if you find your boots are making swimming dangerous, quickly pull them off. Ok, let's start swimming, I'll jump in first".

Claire threw away her umbrella and dived into the deep water first, wearing her bikini and shiny black rubber boots. Immediately, she felt the cold water enter into her boots. In a few seconds, Claire's boots were filled with water. They felt heavy on her feet as she started kicking her legs. She started treading water. She looked up at Emma.

Claire said to Emma: "It's ok, I'm treading water and the boots are a fairly heavy but they aren't pulling me underneath".

"Ok, here I come!" said Emma, as she tossed her umbrella away and dived into the deep water wearing her bikini and black and green rubber boots. As she entered, she wondered if her boots would stay on.

She entered the water and in an instant her boots were filled with water. She noticed they felt heavy on her feet with the water in them. She started treading water.

Emma said to Claire: "My boots are still on, but I'm not sure how long they'll stay on when I start swimming and kicking my legs. Apart from that, things aren't too bad, the boots feel heavy but I can't feel them pulling me under much".

"That's good, let's start swimming towards home" said Claire.

Claire started swimming. She could feel her rubber boots feeling heavy on her legs as she swam. She knew her boots weren't designed to be used for swimming. She wasn't sure if they would stay on, each time she kicked her legs, she could feel the boots trying to come off a little, but she kept swimming.

Emma started swimming. She knew her boots weren't very tight and as she swam, she could feel them starting to fall off.

"I think my boots are going to fall off!" Emma said to Claire.

"Try your best to keep them on, but if they fall off, it doesn't matter!" replied Claire.

Emma started swimming again, all the time feeling the heavy boots on her feet, and every time she kicked her legs, she felt each boot trying to come off.

"Ok, I'll try my best to keep them on, I'll make sure I don't kick my legs too hard" said Emma.

The two girls swam down the flooded road. There were a few other people doing the same thing. Every so often they would see a rubber boot floating on the surface of the water.

A blonde girl jumped into the water wearing green Dunlop rubber boots. She started swimming and immediately both her boots fell off. Her brunette friend jumped in also, wearing stripy pattened rubber boots. She swam a short distance and her boots fell off too.

"Looks like everybody's losing their boots" said Claire, "Are yours still on?".

Emma replied : "Yes, but they keep trying to fall off each time I kick my legs, so I have to keep pulling them back fully on again. Are yours still on?".

"Yes my boots are still on but my legs are getting very tired, the boots are so heavy with all the water in them, I may take them off in a short while" replied Claire.

"I was thinking the same, it would make swimming so much easier without our boots on" said Emma in reply.

They saw two girls wearing jeans and rubber boots jump into the water. "Help!", screamed the girl, "I can't swim! My boots are dragging me down!".

"Kick your boots off!" replied Claire.

The girl kicked her legs hard. Her boots fell off and she was then easily able to swim.

"Thanks, I knew I should have taken them off before I jumped in" said the girl.

Claire and Emma swam a bit further and noticed two of their friends, Amy and Katie, doing the same as them, swimming home along the deeply flooded road. Claire and Emma swam towards them.

"Hello you two", Claire said to Amy and Katie, "looks like you've got them same idea as us!".

Amy and Katie stopped swimming.

"Hi there! And yes, we're trying to swim home too, no other way to get back. Have you two got just your bikinis on?" said Amy to Claire and Emma.

Emma replied: "We've got our rubber boots on, we had them on in the car so we decided to keep them on when swimming. What are you two wearing?"

Katie said: "I've got my t-shirt, denim mini-skirt, black opaque stockings and purple rubber boots on", and she pulled her leg up out of the water to show one of her purple boots.

Amy added: "I'm wearing a t-shirt, short green dress, knee-length black socks...", and she lifted her leg up out of the water "...and my yellow Hunter rubber boots!".

"Have you been finding the boots making swimming difficult with the weight of the water in them?" asked Claire.

"A little difficult, but we didn't want to leave our boots behind, so we kept them on" replied Amy.

"My boots keep trying to come off when I swim, have yours fallen off yet?" asked Emma.

"No, our boots are a fairly tight fit, they've stayed on so far with all the swimming we've done" replied Katie.

Claire said to her three friends: "We need to get out of this water. Home is in that direction".

The four girls swam to the edge of the water. The girls climbed out of the water.

"My boots feel so heavy with all this water in" said Emma as she climbed onto dry land.

"Let's lie on our backs and lift our legs in the air, the water will pour out of our boots" said Claire.

Claire, Emma, Amy and Katie lay on their backs and lifted each leg in the air and the water gushed out of their rubber boots and down their legs.

"That's better!" said Emma.

The four friends rested in the rain and looked around.

Three girls in their late teens caught their attention. They had been returning from a music festival and were wearing t-shirts, mini skirts and colourful rubber boots. They jumped into the water and started swimming. One of the girls, the one wearing loose-fitting rubber boots with a flowery pattern, swam for a very short distance and her boots fell off. The two other girls' boots stayed on and they swam away into the distance, one wearing pink Hunter rubber boots, the other wearing red Hunter rubber boots.

Claire, Emma, Amy and Katie girls stood up and started walking on the dry land. Their feet squelched in their damp boots as they walked. It was still raining heavily. They kept walking for two minutes. Then they came to a stop.

"Oh no!" shouted Emma.

Their way ahead was blocked. There was a sheer drop of maybe twenty metres and then there was a river. It was usually a very small river, but now swollen by the floods it appeared to be a mighty torrent.

"It's our only way home, we can't go back, we're going to have to jump into the river" said Claire.

"Ok, but it's a twenty metre fall. Do you think we'll be ok?" asked Katie.

"Shall we take our boots off first?" asked Amy.

"It's up to you" said Claire, "It'll make swimming easier once we hit the river".

"If we leave them on, what will happen?" asked Amy

"Our boots will probably fall off when we hit the water. It's quite a fall, we'll be hitting the water at quite a speed".

"I'd prefer to keep my boots on, we might need them later for walking home" said Amy "and they cost me a load of money too".

"My boots will definitely fall off when I hit the water" said Emma, "they aren't very tight".

Claire said: "Ok let's jump into the river. It's quite a long fall into it, we'll be hitting the water at quite a speed. We'll probably go quite a way under the surface before we start to rise to the top. I'll jump in first. My boots will probably fall off though".

Claire jumped into the water first, wearing her bikini and shiny black rubber boots. It took her nearly two seconds to hit the water. She hit the surface at speed feet first and went underwater. Her boots immediately filled with water. She kept heading downwards, below the water. She came to a halt ten metres below the water. She started kicking her legs and began to head back to the surface. She could feel her boots falling off. She kicked harder and kept rising upwards. One of her boots fell off. Very quickly after, the other one fell off too. She surfaced and gasped for breath.

Claire started treading water, looked up at her friends and shouted to them "I lost my boots but I'm ok!". She looked around. Her black rubber boots had floated to the surface of the water. Claire swam over to them and put them back on.

"I'll go in next" said Emma.

Emma took a running leap and fell the twenty metres into the water wearing her bikini and green and black rubber boots. As she fell, she kept wondering how long her boots would stay on. She was certain they would fall off. She hit the surface of the water at speed feet first and immediately started heading underwater. Her boots quickly filled with water and pulled her down further. She came to a halt eight metres underwater. She then started kicking her legs and rising upwards, at which point both of her boots very quickly fell off, revealing her bare feet.

Emma reached the surface, took in a huge breath of air, and started treading water. She looked around at Claire "Both my boots fell off!" she said. Emma started felling around in the water. Luckily, her boots weren't too far away. She found them and put them back on.

Claire and Emma were in the river, treading water, with their bikinis and rubber boots on. They looked up the twenty metres at Katie and Amy.

Katie and Amy had removed their soaked t-shirts to reveal their bras.

"We've taken our t-shirts off so we can swim easier. We're going to jump in together" said Amy.

"I hope our boots stay on" said Katie.

Katie and Amy held hands and jumped into the river head first.

After falling for two seconds, Katie and Amy hit the water head first; Katie wearing her bra, denim mini-skirt, stockings, and purple rubber boots; Amy wearing her bra, short green dress, black knee-socks and yellow rubber boots. Their boots immediately filed with water. The two girls were heading below the surface of the water, downwards at speed, head first, still holding hands.

Immediately, Amy's short green dress fell off. She kept heading downwards and could feel the water pulling on her yellow rubber boots, trying to pull them off, as if the river itself was greedily trying to steal her boots. She curled her toes up inside her boots, in attempt to keep them on.

At almost the same time, the force of the water was too great and Katie's denim mini-skirt quickly fell off. Both her stockings fell down to her knees. She was heading downwards at speed and could feel her purple rubber boots sliding off her feet. She let go of Amy's hand. She kept plunging downwards head first, deeper into the water. She felt one of her boots fall off. Then the other boot fell off. Katie then started kicking her legs and swimming towards the surface, wearing just her underewear and black stockings. As she swam upwards, she saw her boots floating in the water. She grabbed hold of her boots and swam towards the surface of the water. Her stockings fell off and she surfaced.

Katie surfaced and looked around at Emma and Claire "My boots fell off, but I managed to retrieve them". With that, Katie held her purple rubber boots up out of the water and laughed. Then she put them back on and started treading water wearing just her underwear and boots.

"Where's Amy?" asked Emma.

"I was holding her hand and we both went under the water together, I lost my skirt, then I let go of her hand, my boots and stockings fell off and and I haven't seen Amy since" replied Katie.

"I think Amy's in trouble underwater" said Claire.

Amy was fifteen metres below the water. Her yellow rubber boots were still on. But they were weighing her down with the weight of water in them. She started kicking her legs and trying to swim upwards, but she wasn't a strong swimmer. She tried to kick her boots off, but they stayed on. She started to panic and wonder how long it would be before she ran out of air.

Meanwhile, above the surface of the water, Claire, Emma and Katie were very worried about Amy.

"We're going to have to take swim underwater and rescue Amy" said Claire.

"Ok" replied Katie "Shall we take our boots off first?"

"It's up to you" replied Claire "It would make swimming easier"

"I think I'll leave mine on" said Katie "I know I can swim with them on".

"I'll keep my boots on too" said Emma "I don't want to lose mine, but they'll probably fall off anyway".

"Ok, I'll keep my boots on too. Right, let's dive underwater and find Amy" said Claire.

Claire, Emma, and Katie took a deep breath and dived beneath the water with their rubber boots on.

Meanwhile, Amy was still fifteen metres underwater, panicking, unable to swim upwards. She knew it was her boots causing her the problem. She grabbed hold of her left boot and tried to pull it off. But it was on tight. She tried to take her other boot off, but that wouldn't come off either. Her lungs wanted air so badly.

Claire, Emma and Katie were swimming underwater with their boots on, swimming downwards, searching for Amy.

Claire was a good underwater swimmer, even with her black rubber boots on. She swam downwards. Her boots felt heavy and now she wished she had taken them off. She kept swimming downwards, with her bikini and boots on. She felt her boots starting to come off a little, she wondered if her they would stay on, but she kept swimming beneath the water.

Emma was also a good swimmer. She kept swimming downwards wearing her bikini and green and black rubber boots. Her boots weren't very tight, looser than those of her three friends. As she swam downwards, she could feel her boots starting to fall off. She stopped swimming briefly to pull her boots back fully on, then kept swimming downwards, searching for Amy.

Katie also was swimming downwards underwater, wearing just her black underwear and purple rubber boots. She was a weaker swimmer than Emma and Claire, but she kept swimming downwards, her purple rubber boots full of water. She could feel the water pulling on her boots as she swam downwards, and she wasn't sure if they would stay on, but she kept swimming underwater, looking for Amy.

Claire, Emma and Katie looked around and in the distance they could see the three girls they had seen earlier, the ones from the festival, swimming underwater. One of the girls was swimming ahead of the other two; she was the one with bare feet, the one whose boots had fallen off as soon as she started swimming. Her two friends were having difficulty swimming underwater. One of the girls was still had both her pink Hunter rubber boots on but they had fallen halfway off her legs. The third girl's red Hunter rubber boots were still fully on and she was having the most difficulty swimming.

Meanwhile, Amy was still around twelve metres underwater, desperately trying to swim upwards, her yellow rubber boots so heavy with the water inside them. She frantically kicked her legs, but her boots were too heavy, and the last thing she thought to herself was how silly it was to jump in the river with her boots on. Then she lost consciousness.

Emma, Claire and Katie were swimming underwater searching for Amy but they could see the three girls from the festival in the distance and they were worried about them too. The girl with bare feet was doing ok. The girl wearing the pink rubber boots half on/half off kept swimming and thankfully her boots fell off and she was now able to swim underwater easily. The third girl, the one with the red rubber boots, was in a lot of trouble. She was finding it so hard to swim in her boots. Her two friends with bare feet gestured to her to kick her boots off. The girl with the red boots kicked her feet hard and her boots stated to loosen. She kept swimming, kicking hard, and her boots started to come off. She kicked even harder. Her left boot fell off. She swam with one foot with just a white sock on and the other foot with her red boot partially on. She swam upwards and her other boot fell off. The three girls then easily swam to safety.

Emma, Claire and Katie kept swimming underwater and somehow, amazingly, they managed to find Amy. Amy was floating under the water, unconscious, wearing just her underwear and yellow rubber boots. The girls knew it was Amy's boots that had made her unable to swim to the surface. Claire grabbed hold of one of Amy's arms, and Emma grabbed hold of Amy's other arm and started pulling her upwards, towards the surface of the water. Katie grabbed hold of Amy's boots and tried to pull them off.

What seemed like ages passed, but it must have only been a few seconds; Claire and Emma swam upwards towards the surface, carrying unconscious Amy with them. Amy seemed so heavy, and Katie kept tugging at Amy's boots, trying to remove them. Katie couldn't get Amy's boots off, so she swam to the surface.

Emma was struggling, trying to lift unconscious Amy's weight up through to the surface. Then, both of Emma's boots fell off as she swam upwards. Now she could swim more easily.

Claire was struggling too, trying to lift Amy up through the water. Claire's progress was hindered by her rubber boots. She kicked one of her legs hard, her boot fell off. She kicked the other leg hard too, and her other boot fell off. Now she too could swim more easily.

Emma and Claire eventually managed to pull unconscious Amy to the surface. Claire and Emma gasped for breath, exhausted.

Katie was waiting. She grabbed hold of Amy's arms and started to drag her to dry land. Amy was so heavy, especially with her water-filled boots on. Katie found it very difficult to swim whilst pulling aliong the unconscious Amy, and Katie's progress was hindered by her own boots. Katie wanted to take her boots off, but she didn't have time. Then thankfully, Katie caught her boots on a sharp piece of metal under the water. Both her boots split, she kicked her legs, and her boots fell off. Now she was free to swim and she managed to get Amy to dry land.

Meanwhile, Claire and Emma had got their breath back. They found their boots floating on the surface of the water, grabbed hold of them, and swam over towards the river bank, where Katie and Amy were.

Amy was lay there in here white underwear and yellow rubber boots. Katie had to act fast. Katie turned Amy on her side and water poured out of her mouth. Thankfully, Katie had recently learned mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. She put her lips to Amy's and started attempting to revive her.

Claire and Emma got out of the water wearing their bikinis. They were carrying their boots, and they placed them on the floor and walked over to Katie and Amy.

Emma was very upset: "Is Amy going to survive?" she asked.

"Let's hope so" replied Claire.

Katie was desperately trying to revive Amy. Then, all of a sudden, thankfully, Amy started coughing and water came out of her mouth.

"She's going to be ok!" exclaimed Emma.

Amy was very pale, but she sat up. "What a terrible ordeal!" she said. "It was my boots, they were so heavy and I couldn't swim".

Katie lay on the floor wearing just her underwear, exhausted, relieved she had saved Amy.

The four girls looked upwards. It had stopped raining, and the sun was starting to come out.

Claire and Emma picked up their wet boots, tipped out the water and put them back on.

The four girls rested for a while in the sunshine.

An ambulance arrived. They cut Amy's boots off with a pair of sharp scissors, put her in the ambulance and took her to hopspital. Katie went with her.

Emma and Claire happily walked home in their bikinis and rubber boots, their feet sploshing around in their wet boots as they walked. They finally reached home and pulled their boots off, happy that the day had ended well.
Attachments
Katie and Amy's boots
Katie and Amy's boots
156692260_15378e88fc.jpg (9.64 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
What Claire and Emma wore in this story
What Claire and Emma wore in this story